Tuesday, October 16, 2012

photography





I've been thinking about my photography lately. I haven't gotten any developed since we moved to Florida. I have 7 rolls I need to take somewhere. I heard of a few local labs I'm gonna check out soon. This summer I cataloged my film negatives. Most of them. A few I'm sure are still hidden amongst the unorganized art supplies. For the first time this summer I've felt a desire to pursue having my stuff up in local coffee shops and in galleries. I've never done either with my photos. But I think I'm ready. Not quite sure how to go about that. But I've buit up a small portfolio.

Lately I've been thinking about getting my etsy stores back up since we got our new studio space. I have a list of things that I need and want to dive into that. One of which I think is pretty necessary is a digital camera. Today one of my studio mates asked us today if we could make a photographing station for stuff some us want to sell on etsy and ebay. He'll provide the digital camera, flash & umbrella, tripod, etc. We just figure out the settings, the best setup, most productive photographing station for everyone to use and prove so with good photos of some sample items and in exchange he'll give me a Pentax Spotmatic with two lenses. This is such a blessing since I've been needing a way to take pictures to get my etsy back up and rolling and for blogging. I hate using instagram pictures, but it is all I have, unless I take a film picture, get it developed and scanned to post it online.

No comments:

Post a Comment