Friday, May 7, 2010

knitting project bag


102_1963, originally uploaded by lilah_ward.


I haven't sewn anything in a while because I need to get my serger and better sewing machine fixed and need to get over wanting to be perfect the first time by being meticulous and if I can't serge it it shouldn't stop me from creating so I designed something new. I haven't designed something new in a loner while than i haven't sewn and realized that that part of by brain had been sleeping so it was hard to visualize how to sew my creation at first trying to get all seam between outer and inner fabric. So I ended up drawing the steps instead of just explaining in words like usual. Here is the finished product of the first prototype. Just a plain bag to hold your current or on hold knitting projects. I notice that if I leave my project around and not up high and in a bag of some sort that the cats with chew on the needles, play with the yarn eventually sliding the stitches off the needles. So here is my solution. On the inside is a piece of ribbon sewn to the inside to slide circular needles through to keep the stitches on the needles and a little button hole at the top back side to stick straight needles through so that they don't poke a hole through the bag. the top of the bag folds over and both layers have button holes to button close with a cute fabric covered button.

No comments:

Post a Comment