Saturday, February 28, 2009

Kniting Needle Preference

My favorites are bamboo and wood knitting needles. I only have birch wood needles so far though so I'm not sure the difference in knitting with them if any noticeable difference would occur. I like them because they are light and the feel of them, they don’t get cold like metal needles. I like metal needles for just throwing into my bag because they bend instead of break. I’m always a little worried when I put my wooden needles in my bag. Circular needles are good when you are going to be sitting close to other people. Long straight needles keep on hitting and poking the people beside you. Circular needles are good for traveling also. I prefer shorter 10” needles to the 14” long ones, unless that is what you need for a pattern.

1 comment:

  1. I love my short wooded knitting needles, too! I don't know what it is but they seem easier to hold on to! Not as slippery, or just my cold hands! Also, since I can only knit a scarf I don't need anything fancy and large!

    ReplyDelete