Wednesday, February 29, 2012

New music

We went to see "my neighbor totoro" today. One of our favorite and i'd say most classic Miyazaki film playing at the alamo draft house. Next week they are playing their final movie in the series "Nausicca". I've been on an anime kick lately and have found a few series i've enjoyed recently. On netflix i watched the series "ghost hound" about these kids that slip into wandering the spirit realm and relates it to phycological conditions, it's 2 seasons long. And I like this series about this girl who goes to live with her grandmother who runs a bathhouse which is called "hanasaku iroha".


Today i went on a lovely, quiet, solitary walk down the street my siblings live on today. It was an overcast day where the blue sky at moments dared to peak thru. a perfect light for taking pictures. i wanted to wear my sweater but it was just, to warm, just. I tied my sweater around my waist like I was nostalgic for the 90's. I finished a roll of film. I've been more adamant about taking double exposure pictures. I love how they can come out with my yashica camera but i've yet to master the wind the film till it stops, forward the film, press the button that releases the film, rewind the film for that one picture and take another picture where they overlap perfectly.


We treated ourselves with a trip to waterloo for this spring today. I got a few albums I felt like sharing with you. I was inspired by fieldguided who bought the albums above.

CRAFT SPELLS - IDLE LABOR
TYCHO - DIVE
LAURA GIBSON - LA GRANDE
TAMARYN - THE WAVES
FIRST AID KIT - TEH LION'S ROAR

Jamin said my taste in music is becoming much more specific, honing in on atmospheric reminiscent of 80's, folk. obviously this covers a few genres but it made me smile for some reason. i guess it feels like growing up, in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment