Monday, December 21, 2009

my latest face illustrations

this last one I'm working on today and it's not finished yet. My interests cycle and currently it has switched to my drawing. these are all on 5"x7" 140lbs cotton watercolor paper from fabriano. I paint the watercolor first either from nothing as an example or from studying a potato. Then I go back and draw on it with 03 sakura pigma micron black pen. The process and the way the faces look has evolved over the past 3 years I've been drawing them. I have in the past used a calligraphy pen with bottled ink, acrylic with drops of ink, gouache, colored pencils and sharpies. I feel the less I think of the outcome or controlling the drawing the more I enjoy the finished product so I try to not think about what to draw when I draw and just go with instinct and what I see in the watercolor.

No comments:

Post a Comment