Friday, December 4, 2009

knitting book idea

I have a goal now that for a few years now I’ve been contemplating but never actually started the process. The interest and idea and inspiration have always been there but just since I quit working for a moment which was only made possible by my loving husband fully inspired by the way God created marriage to mirror Jesus love for us. Ephesians 5:25 “Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her”. Well I have the inspiration to make a knitting pattern book. Still in the coming up with knitting patterns faze. I don’t know if it will ever be published or how to go about that, but for now I’m just enjoying the process of making new patterns. How God the creator of all things gave us the joy of creating still blows me away. All I really know is I want it to glorify God as our attempt in everything we do should be. So, if it ever gets published either by a publishing company or by me making hand bound books God has inspired me to give the proceeds to a Christian organization. So far I’m thinking either my church which is doing a lot of work in Austin, Austin Ridge Bible Church or supporting individual missionaries or maybe to foot the bill of me making homemade baked goods and buying needed supplies and Bibles for the giant homeless population in Austin who I feel a calling towards. So this is one of my dreams / prayer requests. All of the patterns I've made so far are under the Lilah Shepherd's Designs at the top right of the page, newest patterns at the top. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment